Thursday, September 15, 2011

Shifters, Contests and Fun!

Taiwanese Matchmaker God

Welcome to my September newsletter! I'm sure you're wondering what the heck the picture above is all about. Well, this is an image of the Taiwanese matchmaker god. I took this photo on my last trip to Taiwan; it seemed as though match making is relevant to readers of erotica and erotic romance. Also, as you'll read below, I'm about to take off to Taiwan again in a week or so.

New and Upcoming Releases

Earlier this week Total-E-Bound released my novella Wild About That Thing as part of the Treble anthology. It looks like a wonderful collection, featuring steamy tales from Desiree Holt, Lily Harlem, Imari Jade, Elizabeth Coldwell and Wendi Zwaduk in addition to my story. You can get your copy here. You can also read an exclusive, never before published, X-rated excerpt on my release day blog. I'll be posting yet another sexy snippet at Hitting the Hot Spot on the 17th. Drop by - I will be giving away a free copy of the book to some lucky reader who leaves a comment!

Out of the blue, my Google alert turned up a seriously enthusiastic review of Exposure. Kanti Burns wrote:

Stella, in Lisabet Sarai’s Exposure, is refreshingly different. Not only is she emphatically not a whore ... but, and this is the main point, she is not the victim. ...[H]er immediate reaction is to want to know more. She turns investigator. I love that. I loved this book.

You can read the whole review here.

Other News

I realized recently that my Free Reading page was getting out of hand. With such a long list of stories, it was bound to be difficult for readers to find something that will interest them. To solve this problem, I've revised the format of the page to group the stories into categories: Dominance and submission, Paranormal, Science Fiction, Gay Erotica, Humor and so on. Some stories show up in more than one category. I've never been good at sticking to a single genre!

Speaking of free reading, I've posted a new chapter of Cat Toy. I received many fabulous suggestions from my readers in the Cat Toy contest, but ultimately the story tells me what happens next. Anyway, I hope you like it. Given readers' reactions, I guess I'm going to have to keep writing new chapters - though probably not every month!

"Quarantine" is up to 50,000 words. Believe me, when it's done, you'll be the first to know!

Contests!

Thanks to everyone who entered my "BDSM" contest. Congratulations to Juliana, who won a copy of my BDSM novel Ruby's Rules.

This month I'm doing something a bit different for a contest. As I mentioned above, I'm going to be traveling for two weeks in late September and early October, visiting Taiwan. During this period, I'm hosting a Backlist Blog Bash here at Beyond Romance. I'll have my usual Wednesday and Saturday guests (plus one or two extra). On other days, I'll be posting excerpts from backlist stories you might not have read.

I'll be giving away three, two and one autographed print books to my first, second and third prize winners respectively. My guests may have giveaways too. All you have to do is visit and comment. Each comment counts as an entry and comments on guest days count twice! I hope you'll visit and comment often. I'll select the winners on October 15th, after I return.

Lisabet's Pick of the Month

My Pick for September is Remittance Girl's amazing website/blog, http://remittancegirl.com I'll admit that RG is a dear friend, but I was a devoted admirer of her erotic writing before I ever met her. Visit her site for sensual, dark, thought-provoking stories that will make you sweat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts! (And if you're having trouble commenting, try enabling third-party cookies in your browser...)