Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Trust your heart (#MFRWHooks #pnr #shifters)

The Eyes of Bast color

It’s Wednesday! That means it’s time for another MFRW Book Hooks blog hop.

I managed to visit almost everybody’s post last week. One thing I noticed is that my fellow authors were posting much shorter excerpts than I’ve been doing. They’re true “hooks”... just snippets to get readers interested.

I have a tendency to be long-winded, but I thought I’d try a similar approach today to see if that increased the number of visitors. I’m featuring my cat shifter erotic romance The Eyes of Bast today. Check it out and let me know what you think!

Blurb

Trust your heart. Follow your dreams.

Shaina Williamsgrandmother bequeathed her that wisdom, along with an old pendant from the Islands, carved from an ocelots tooth. When instinct tells Shaina to visit the feral cat trap shes set in Central Park, she listens to that inner voice. She discovers shes caged a magnificent black tom, but the cat inexplicably vanishes after she tends to his wounds. Seeking the errant feline, Shaina encounters instead a handsome stranger whose slightest touch sets her body on fire. As the day dawns after a night of ferocious passion, her mysterious lover is forced back into his true shapethe tomcat she rescued.

Born a cat, Tom was transformed into an unwilling shape shifter by a sorceress who craved a human plaything to satisfy her perverse lusts. Centuries old and irresistibly powerful, Delphine Montserrat will stop at nothing to find her runaway familiar. Shaina vows to do whatever is necessary to defeat the vicious but seductive witch and save the man she believes is her soul mateeven though it might mean losing him forever.

 

Hook

Its not safe here after dark, you know.

His earnest tone made me chuckle. I held up the can of mace.I can take care of myself.

Worry furrowed his high forehead.That wont help against some of the things that come out at night.

A chill shot through me. I shook it away.I was just headed home anyway.

Good. You should be careful.His smile returned, melting my last vestiges of suspicion. He pronounced his English with a precision that made me wonder if he spoke something else as his native language. It wasnt exactly an accent, but I could tell he wasnt a native New Yorker.

What about you?

Oh, I know my way around here,he answered. He ran his fingers through his curls and arched his back a bit, as though stretching. Despite that odd awkwardness, he was lithe and graceful. A brief pang of desire shot through me.And I have excellent night vision. Exceptionally sharp hearing too.

I couldnt figure out why, but something about him felt familiar.Have we met before?I asked then cringed, realizing it sounded like a pick-up line.I meanumI dont mean…” Hot blood climbed into my cheeks, though the shadows were probably too dense for him to detect my discomfort.

His bold laugh rang out in the growing darkness.Maybe we have met,he said.I live in the neighborhood. Do you?

Pretty close,I answered, alarm bells sounding in my head. No matter how handsome and charming he was, I wasnt about to give him my address.

Well, then, you never know. You said you were heading home. May I walk with you?He took my arm without waiting for my permission.

UmActually…” His touch stopped me cold. It drove out rational thought. As if someone had turned on a faucet, hormones poured into my blood. My nipples tensed and my lower lips grew plump and slick. Fire tipped the fingers resting on my bare forearm. I gasped, staring up in wonder at his strong, even features, overcome by his imminent maleness.

I wanted to stretch out in the grass and pull him down on top of me. I was dying to feel his weight on my chest, his hardness probing between my thighs. Skin on skin was what I craved, with an urgency I’d never experienced in my all my twenty-eight years.


Get your copy today!

Amazon

BN

Totally Bound

Check out all the other great hooks from my fellow MFRW authors!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Enjoyed your excerpt, Lisabet. Best, Anni xx

Daryl Devoré said...

Great excerpt. Scary that a can of mace won't deter "everything" that comes out after dark.
Tweeted.

Kathryn R. Blake said...

Born a cat? So, he was first a cat, then turned into a human by a sorceress? I mean are we talking pussy cat here, or panther. Either way, he appears to be a very good person, and it's clear Shaina feels a very direct connection to him. Loved the snippet, Lisabet. And I like your snippets whether long or short. In this case, size doesn't matter.

Janet Lane Walters said...

Enjoyed the snippet.

Keta Diablo said...

Hi Lisabet, great to see you on Book Hooks hop.
Great excerpt and love the title.
~Keta~
@ketadiablo

Fiona McGier said...

I loved this book too! Guess I've read a few of yours...this one was particularly hot. Me-ow, indeed!

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts! (And if you're having trouble commenting, try enabling third-party cookies in your browser...)