Saturday, November 9, 2013

Odds and Ends

Well, it looks like I've been stood up!

Saturday is normally one of the days when I host guests, but the author I had scheduled never replied to my reminders about sending me her post. In the past, I would have been frustrated and upset, but now I just shrug. I'm too busy to worry about chasing her down. In any case, it may not be her fault. Every so often my email host gets put on some Internet-wide black list, and all my messages get tagged as spam. Sigh. Don't you love technology?

Anyway, I thought I'd take this opportunity to share a few bits of news with you.

First, check out this cute Christmas trailer from Books We Love. It really shows off the fabulous cover art of the BWL art director Michelle Lee.


I hope it inspires you to buy books for your holiday gifts. Ebooks, in particular, are a great present if you're concerned about the environment!

Second, I want to remind you that Her Secret Ingredient comes out next Friday, the 15th of November. On Saturday, I'm planning a super contest to celebrate, with multiple winners. Stay tuned for more details!

In case you've forgotten, here's the blurb:

Stir in a pinch to stir up his passion…

When the Tastes of France food channel offers Mei Lee “Emily” Wong a series of guest spots, she jumps at the opportunity to take her culinary career to a whole new level. Ultimately, she wants a show of her own, but first she has to prove herself to Michelin-starred network founder and effective dictator, Etienne Duvalier. A legend in the world of classic French cuisine as well as a domineering perfectionist, Etienne is sceptical about the culinary abilities of a woman from Hong Kong. To make things more difficult, the master chef is also so gorgeous that Emily can't help being attracted to him.

Emily tries to solve both problems by spiking her luscious profiteroles with an ancient Oriental aphrodisiac. Unfortunately, Harry Sanborne, the low-key, bespectacled producer for Emily's show, samples the delicacies she intends for Etienne's consumption. His powerful reaction to her secret ingredient comes as a pleasant surprise to them both. Harry turns out to be far more impressive in bed than on the set. However, he can't do nearly as much to advance her ambitions as Etienne. Emily tries once more to tempt the exacting M. Duvalier with her special cooking as well as her feminine charms. The outrageous results threaten to end her TV career forever—until Harry steps in to save her reputation and claim her heart.

The buy link is here:  https://www.totallybound.com/her-secret-ingredient

Remember that if you buy from Totally Bound, you get my exclusive extra chapter - hotter than all the rest of the story put together, and available only to TB VIP members!

Finally, I wanted to let you know that TB has lots of new goodies for loyal readers. Everything you buy earns you points toward free books. In addition, you can earn points by writing reviews on the buy pages of your favorite books. If you refer a friend to TB, and he or she buys something, you both receive vouchers for free books!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts! (And if you're having trouble commenting, try enabling third-party cookies in your browser...)